The 6th edition of the Technological Ecosystems for Enhancing Multiculturality (TEEM) conference will be held at Salamanca, Spain, from October 24 to 26, 2018. It is organised by the GRIAL Research Group as part of the commemoration of the 800th anniversary of the University of Salamanca. This event brings together researchers and postgraduate students interested in combining different aspects of the technology applied to knowledge society development, with a special attention to educational and learning issues regarding, but not limited to, the following broad-scope research areas: Educational Assessment and Orientation, Human-Computer Interaction, eLearning, Computers in Education, Communication Media and Education, Medicine and Education, Learning Analytics, Engineering Education, and Information Society and Education. TEEM is divided in thematic and highly cohesive tracks.
Track 13: Uncertainty in the Digital Humanities, will feature a range of perspectives on how humanistic researchers’ relationship to uncertainty has changed in the digital age, how the risks might be managed and the opportunities exploited, and what digital research in other disciplines might learn from the lessons of uncertainty in DH.
Selection, not limited to:
- Concepts of uncertainty in various disciplines
- Understanding all the sources of uncertainty that can affect the DH practice
- Assessing the degree of uncertainty of data sources
- Quantifying and mMeasurement of uncertainty in various disciplines
- Uncertainty, risks and innovation
- Uncertainty and digital transformation
- Communication of uncertainty to the user/researcher
- Uncertainty and teaching, communication of uncertainty to scholars
- Uncertainty and the media, communication of uncertainty to non-scientists
- Software and tools for uncertainty management
- Technologies like semantics, linked data and language processing for data uncertainty
- (Progressive) Visualisation of uncertainty
- History of discussion certainty and uncertainty in science
Authors are invited to submit full, original, unpublished research papers that are not being considered for publication in any other forum by 1st June 2018. Further information in available here.